How are you doing? I’m freezing cold! It’s a chilly 5 degrees in Wisconsin with a -1 wind chill. I’m sure it’s colder in some areas of the U.S. but this is still cold for me! I hope you are warm wherever you are and if you not, grab a cup of cocoa and a batch of these raisin spice cookies! You’ll be warmed up in no time!
This cookies are not my own, they come from my boyfriend’s family and I made sure I had special permission to post them. So thank you Mike’s family for letting me share these delicious cookies! Disclaimer: this recipe makes a lot of cookies!
Raisin Spice Cookies
2 c raisins
1 c water
1 c shortening
2 c sugar
4 c flour
2 tsp salt
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp baking powder
1 1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp nutmeg
1/4 tsp allspice
1 c chopped walnuts
1. Boil raisins and water together for 5 minutes and let cool.
2. Cream shortening with sugar and add eggs. Beat well.
3. In another bowl mix together dry ingredients except walnuts. Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients in 4 batches. Add in raisins and walnuts.
4. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
5. Drop by spoonfuls onto a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper. Bake 10-15 minutes. Watch to make sure they don’t burn and until golden brown.