As I mentioned Friday, I had some delicious sweet potato wedges and a strawberry pecan salad and it was so good I decided to share it with you! If you like sweet potatoes I highly recommend the idea of sweet potato fries or wedges over the traditional sweet potato with butter and cinnamon and sugar. Now don’t get me wrong, I love the traditional sweet potato but the wedges are a sweet alternative.
So for the sweet potato wedges you’ll need:
1 sweet potato
1. First preheat your oven to 400 degrees F.
2. Next peel the sweet potato and cut it into wedges. I find wedges easier than fries because sweet potatoes are tough to cut but you could cut fries if you prefer.
3. Next coat the wedges with olive oil, salt, pepper, garlic powder, and chili powder. Sorry that I don’t have any exact measurements, in this case I like to add enough so that each wedge looks well coated.
4. Bake the wedges for 30 minutes and flip them halfway through.
For the Strawberry Pecan Salad you’ll need:
Field green and baby spinach mix
Glazed pecans or if you want to be really healthy, unglazed pecans
Strawberries, I used frozen ones that were thawed because I had those on hand but fresh would be even better!
Kraft Lite Raspberry Vinaigrette Dressing
1. Combine all ingredients and drizzle with Raspberry Vinaigrette dressing then enjoy!
Sweet potato recipe is courtesy of Skinnytaste.